Nurse Practitioners are highly skilled and offer patients greater choice and quicker access to a health care professional.
Nurse Practitioners are highly qualified and experienced nurses who have received several years additional training to enable them to see and treat many of the conditions that your GP would usually diagnose.
Nurse Practitioners provide high quality healthcare advice and treatment for adults and children including:
- Individual care on present health problems
- Diagnosis and treatment of various conditions seen in the practice
- Obtaining medical histories and making physical examinations
- Making referrals to other services where necessary
- Prescribing medications
- Providing information to help you make individual choices about your health.